Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:33:03 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/2006 8:54:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

there  are two satellite options for relatively high-speed internet
available to  rural dwellers if they are willing to pay the high  price

 Loy,

I don't know where you are located but I live in the southeast U.S.
(Tennessee) and have the same "rural" problem. However, I recently discovered  another
option in our area is high speed connection through telephone microwave
relay towers. For best connection, a line-of-sight to the towers located on
nearby mountains is needed. My brother got this connection a couple of weeks ago
and so far has been working great (no bad weather yet to test this  aspect).

 Equipment and setup cost is about half that of satellite and monthly  fee is
$35.00. This system may be unique to the southeast, I'm not sure, but a
Google search of "microwave internet connection" may be worth a try for  you.

Good Luck,
Phil Williams

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com