From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:45:30 -0800
Anna

Did you download and install tweak UI ? Go to
and look about 2/3 of way down right side of page. After installation,
open Tweak UI and look at "my computer/drives". It should show a list of
drive letters from a to z. The ones that are checked will be usable by
XP. I believe the default is for them all to be checked, but it is one
thing to check in your diagnostics. It may or may not help you, but
Tweak UI is a good tool to use if you want to later customize your system.

Tom Mayer

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> I don't understand.  There is no "drives" for "my computer" whether I left-click it or right-click it.
> Do you have to "allow" for future drives that you don't currently have?  I'm confused.  Thanks, AnnaSummers
>
> From: Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2006/03/28 Tue AM 11:33:49 EST
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Sandisk flash drives, Dell computer
>
> Using Tweak UI from Microsoft, check "my computer/drives" to make sure
> that there are enough drive designations allowed so that Windows can
> recognize the added drive. I had this problem once with a drive being
> indicated in all other respects except Windows Explorer not showing the
> drive.
>
> Tom Mayer
>
> Paul Hachmeyer wrote:
>
>> My sandisk usb flash drive does not show up as a drive in a Dell
>> Optiplex GX280 w/ winXP pro.  The same flash drive shows up in
>> numerous other Dell, IBM and HP computers, just 'plug and play'. Same
>> drivers show up on all the computers, 2 entries in device manager -
>> one under disk drives and one under storage volumes\generic volumes.
>> Everything appears to be exactly the same, everything working
>> properly, except it doesn't show up in windows explorer as a removable
>> drive or anything else.   Doesn't matter which usb port I plug into,
>> doesn't work.    Other than a mouse, none of the usb ports are being
>> used.  Any ideas?

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads