From:
Fran Lumb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:46:39 -0700
Is there an error message displayed when you try boot up? Is it the drive it
doesn't recognize or the OS.

If it sees the drive and there is an error message what is it?
If it sees the drive boot the XP cd and select repair option. Then go to the
repair console and log into the OS on the c:\windows folder.
It will look like the old DOS screen. Once there run chkdsk /r and when it
finishes type exit and reboot without the cd in the drive.

If this operation fixed the problem it will boot just fine.
Let us know what happens.