From:
"Charles K. MacKay" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 06:23:22 -0400
Try running Windows Update (Internet Explorer, Tools, Windows Update, or the
Windows Update icon from the start menu.) Make sure you have ALL updates;
reboot when asked. Make sure you have the latest video drivers from the card
manufacturer's web site.

If the problem continues after that, the bad news is that 98 just does not
handle hibernation or standby well on some machines. On a desktop (as
opposed to a laptop), you save at most a few pennies' worth of electricity a
month by using either, so turning them off is no sacrifice.

Regards,

Charlie
(MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+, MCPx8, watch this space for more letters as they
become available...)