From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:35:01 -0700
You could try putting scotch tape over both the ink opening and over the
vent hole on the top of the cartridge.
However, I doubt that these cartridges will be any good after 2 years of
storage.  I would recommend your daughter sets aside a few dollars a month
until she's ready to pick up the printer, then she can just by new
cartridges.

Tony Mayer
Sysop
The Magic FunHouse BBS
http://bbs.magicom.net

>My daughter has left her HP 712C printer with me to keep in storage for
>about two years.  About a month before she left she had put 2 new HP ink
>cartridges in it.  Since these are expensive, I want to try to keep them
>working if at all possible.  Does anyone know the correct way to store
>these after they have had some use?
>
>Doug

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml