Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:59:20 EDT
Well.. I just changed it  Rick, cause I wanted to see if it did the 5.  But
if you think it's not  necessary for the 5 phases, then I can certainly handle
the 3.  I asked my  daughter when she was here this week end if her's ran
through 3 or 5 and she  said 5.  And her computer is newer than mine, I believe.
I only  wanted to make sure, should I have any errors that it took care of
them  all.  Also, I asked this other friend of mine, and she runs through  5 as
well.  But since I have changed mine back to 5 phases, how do I  change it back
to 3.  I really hated that it takes that long to run through  it, but neither
do I want it to over look some errors either.  Thanks so  much for all this
information.  I do appreciate it..   Harriet

---------------------
From: <CSThomas

Wait for other answers, but I think three stages  are "pretty normal".
It might do more if it finds a problem, and if you have  seen more stages
before on this same machine, it might be cause to  investigate that further.

Rick Glazier

>I  have a Dell Windows XP SP2, and  when I go to do a Scan Disk, it goes
fine,
> I  also check mark the  Chk Disk to do it's job when the computer is
> restarted.  I  also do the Defrag as well.  The problem I'm having is  when
all of  the
> above is done and I restart my computer to do the Chk Disk,   there are
> supposed to be 5 phases it runs through to do it's job, but  for some
reason, it only
> goes through 3 of them.
>
> I even tried it in Safe  Mode, and it will only go through three  of them.
Wh
> at could be  wrong?  I have no spy ware,  viruses or anything like  that.
> This has been going on  now for the past 2 months and  nothing has changed.

>  Harriet

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml