From:
Wayne Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:05:46 -0600
My personal recomendation is to go with an Intel Ethernet card.  3Com
may be the most popular but I have had almost zero problems with
Intel and lots of problems with 3Com cards.  The Intel Pro/100 series
of adapters are great.

Wayne Copeland         |  (651) 297-3391
State of Minnesota     |  (651) 296-5745 (fax)
390 North Robert St.   |  [log in to unmask]
Saint Paul, MN 55101   |
          ------------------------------
Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
 of my employer!

> Comcast installs the cable modem to either a USB port, if available, or a
network card.  Could someone tell me which is preferred (faster, more
reliable)?  If a network card is better, what card is recommended? Thanks.

I have tried both types of connections with my cable modem and did not
notice any difference in speed at all. My advice to you is go with a network
card and leave your USB ports available for other devices that may need them
later on, like if you decide to add a USB scanner or Webcam.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml