From:
DJ DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 17:36:55 -0700
Hello Everyone,

I recently clean installed win98se on a P III. The computer has two USB ports that appear to be connected directly to the mother board (an AOpen make) on the back of the case. I can plug in my card reader and it immediately registers it in the control panel and is completely functional. But when my SanDisk Curser or my Maxtor external hard drive is plugged in either of the two slots, there is no response.  I have installed the software from both of these companies and I have tried downloading drivers from the internet. The program Everest located the existing driver to be an Intel 82371AB/EB. When I go into the Control Panel / Device Manager / USB Controllers / the General tab shows that “This device is working properly”. I have run the driver update command and ran the Plug and play command with no positive results.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to getting the USB ports to recognize ether of these two devices?

Many Thanks………….Donald DeWitt