Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 22:02:01 -0500
*A couple ipods and a ps3 connect with no problem.

The laptop can find the wireless, and says it's connected, but it's really
not.  Under Network and Sharing it shows it's connected to the network, but
not the internet.  If I plug the cable directly into the laptop, it works.

It can pickup a non secured wireless signal from somewhere in our
neighborhood fine.  But it's much slower and not always available.

I don't understand WEP or Open.

The laptop used to work, but we changed services and modems.  The other
modem was from AT&T and wireless without a separate router.

Diane
*