From:
Vincent Winterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:01:59 -0500
My brother has adelphia in southern vermont and ran into some problems with
them early on with uploads to his site. He maintains a personal site on an
adelphia server. Perhaps the difference might be personal use vs. something
perceived as commercial?

Leftist political statement: Also, remember the monopolistic, huge company
cable industry is primarily oriented to the entertainment of the masses and
is not concerned with the geek side. Talk to tech support if you want proof
of their inability to do much more than tell you your IP address. Help solve
a problem with uploads and they'll tell you, "Have you downloaded our upload
tool (a toy)?" The tool incidentally has to be downloaded each time you want
to upload. They don't support anything but their toy.

I'm with comcast in the southern NJ area and they provide 25mb for personal
web activity.

Regards

Vince