Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:50:42 -0700
Start with the basics. No video, so check the monitor and the video card
first. If both these are good then check the power supply voltage or swap
out with known good.
* Power supply voltage Black-to-(Red / Purple / Grey) is 4.75 to 5.25 VDC
(make sure to test from Black to one of each color)
* Power supply voltage Black-to-Yellow is 11.4 to 12.6 VDC
* Power supply voltage Black-to-Orange is 3.17 to 3.4 VDC
* * Power supply voltage Black-to-Blue is -13.2 to -10.8 VDC
* Power supply voltage Black-to-White is -5.5 to -4.5 VDC
If that checks out swap out the memory with known good (if you have more
then one stick of memory just use these)
Remove everything except the video card including the mouse and keyboard so
you have just the box and monitor hooked up.
This is about all the troubleshooting you can do so if it still fails to
POST it is CPU or Motherboard.

KevPro Computer Services
Kevin Brown
480-214-0144
http://kevpro.com

Hi all,

While I don't have the computer specs to give you at this time, my computer
has been failing to boot.  Upon starting it up, I do not get the expected
POST
beep, the screen remains null of anything, no text, no GUI, no nothing.  As
look inside on power up, I see all fans working, an LED on the mother board
on, but not much more I can go on.  Could someone give me suggestions how to
trouble shoot this problem?  Appreciated!

Respectfully,
Paul Roeth

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com