From:
Tom McHugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:59:22 -0500
Check your BIOS.  Many computers have a setting for what to do if the
power fails and then comes back up; either to remain off or to restart.
Most modern computers are never truly off unless the power supply is
switched off or unplugged, so unplugging the machine even if it was
"off" would be detected as a loss of line power.

Tom