From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:50:09 -0700
On 1 Jun 99, at 16:24, Heather Duncan wrote:

> I purchased a Pablo digitizing tablet, which seems to be a grown-up version
> of a Kidboard. It came with a floppy with drivers and a CD with Art Dabbler
> and Goo.  The tablet attaches to the PC with a cable that has one plug to go
> to a serial port, another to go to the keyboard PS/2 port, and a splitter
> off the PS/2 plug end to plug the keyboard into.

  I installed one of these for an artist friend in September; she has not
experienced the problems you describe.

  Do you have a serial mouse, and a modem?  Normally, COM1 and COM3 share an
IRQ, and COM2 and COM4 do.  But neither a mouse nor the tablet can share an
IRQ with another device....
  In my friend's case, we avoided that problem by using a PS/2 mouse ($8.95
at my local surplus outlet) instead of a serial mouse.  [On my partner's
tablet-equipped system, the PnP modem allowed itself to be set to IRQ 12, so
that's another way to avoid the problem.]

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html