Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 11:49:52 +0300
On 24 Jun 2000, at 19:50, Gary R. Tennesen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Every time I've had a UPS "auto-shutdown" program that didn't work with the
> serial cable, it has been because of COM port issues.  Either the COM port
> is taken (or its IRQ) or the software is configured for the wrong COM port.
>
> See if you can move things around.  There should also be a "Test" mode that
> will tell you without your draining the battery whether or not you have
> communication with the serial cable.

Many thanks for the suggestion, but the program itself checks for the
right com port and IRQ.
Besides, it does identify the electricity shortage, (as it does cause an
immediate shut down - something which I don't have in a similar case if I
don't set Failsafe).

My assumption is that it is either that I use an incorrect cable, or that
there is a hardware problem in the UPS.

Uzi
http://members.iol.co.il/uzip/