From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:15:35 -0700
Hi Mark,

Have you checked in the device manager to see if Windows XP needs a driver
for it? It is not uncommon for XP to not have support for various hardware
devices. That is what the ASUS CD would be for, to load drivers and inf data
for the particular hardware on the motherboard. Onboard NIC's are commonly
NOT supported by the drivers built-in to the Windows CD's.

So by all means, follow the instructions to load the drivers off the ASUS
CD. It is probably as easy as popping the CD in the drive, and following the
onscreen instructions that come up (it should be an autorun CD).

For example, my PC has an ASUS P4P800-E deluxe with a Marvell Gbit NIC, and
the Windows CD does not have a driver for it. I had to load the drivers from
the supplied CD.

Russ Poffenberger