From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:27:40 -0600
I went to:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=NVIDIA+Geforce+9800+GTX+

and looked at the power requirements for the cards listed.  Two did not say, one said 450w, another said 500w.

Newegg.com is a good place to go to find specs and reader opinions quickly.

Newegg and other places offer "combo deals" and "bare-bones kits."  They compete better with the mass-marketers on price, and,
hopefully, the system pieces will work together.  But, if you aren't comfortable building your own, you probably shouldn't.  It is
always scary that you'll mess something up or that it won't work.  It is fun, though.

Dean Kukral