From:
Matthew Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 01:11:32 EST
Hello,
        I recently bought that Millenium G200 AGP Card, and it works great!!!  It's
got that fastest 2D I've ever seen, and in my opinion, the 3D is better that
on the Voodoo2 Cards.  And the best part is that that is with only 8 megs, and
when I upgraded to 16 megs, the thing flew.  Also, if you hook up a fan to it,
I've heard that the card can be sustained at an even faster clock speed.  The
only problem I experienced is that the 1st one I got was damaged, and it
didn't take the memory module, so we sent back the memory module thinking that
was the problem.  But when the new module came in, it still didn't work.  So
after about 2 months after purchasing the 1st card, I finally got a good card
in that worked w/ my module-hip-hip-hooray!!  Now it screams, and even though
it has to run on compatibility mode on Quake I and II (which still runs
fast!), there are Open GL driver you can DL at their site, which should make
it go really fast w/ open GL games.  All I recommend doing is making sure that
where you buy the card from is an official matrox dealer so that you don't get
crap.
Hope this makes up your mind,
Matthew Brown