From:
"Mark C. Barron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 09:25:46 -0800
I too am having a freezing problem.  The only difference is that my system
keeps on working and doesn't lock up.

I recently reinstalled Win98SE.  I've checked the CPU temp and the chassis
temp and they are just fine.  Video card temp is fine as well.  My
Guillemont Prophet 3D has a fan on the processor <s>

I also find  when I haven't used the system for a while, it takes a while
for it to respond to my commands.

I believe this is just a GUI problem and not necessarily related to the
hardware.  It really frustrating to be typing along only to find that
sections of what you have typed is missing because the system froze
momentarily.

At 03:39 11/03/01, you wrote:
>Could be overheat problem. When it happens again, open the case and feel the
>temp of CPU fan, video card and harddisk ... , if one of them get too hot,
>you need get extra cooling. My closest guess is video card overheating.
>
>Jun Qian

Mark C. Barron
ACN Independent Representative Support Team