From:
Doctor Data <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:54:51 -0500
Hi Vicki,
Here are a couple of solutions:
If both computers have ethernet cards, you can connect them via a cross
connect cable that can be purchased at any computer store.  In your network
icon under control panel, you can set them up to be on the same workgroup
and enable sharing on the c: drive of your old machine.  YOu will be
able to
pull your files over to the new computer that way.

Another way (and probably the more simple way) would be to connect a zip
drive to your
printer or usb port (if you have one on your old machine) and copying the
files over to zip disk.  zip disks can hold either 100 or 250MB
depending on
which capacity you buy.  a 250mb capacity drive will take 10mb zip disks.
Good luck
Bill Ades
Doctor Data Technology Solutions, inc.
Brooklyn, NY