From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:17:07 -0400
My husband has just built his first computer (2.7 gHz celeron, 512 MB memory, with
onboard lan) I hooked him into our little network, and I can see him, access him,
with no problem. We're hooked into a router, which is working great. The router is
attached to the new cable modem we have as of today, previously the router was
working fine with a dual analog modem. When I installed the modem on his, it
detected it in seconds, and allowed him to dial in at

The first time he hit network neighborhood, it took at least 15 minutes for him to see
the other computers on our lan. There is no slowness with the modem, and again,
it's between my previously networked computers and his. I've swapped cables,
verified all the network settings are proper, had him install the right protocols, but
this slowness in accessing the network neighborhood persists. Of course, workgroup
is the same, and I can see and access his computer at the usual speed.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can do? I'm kind of at a loss
here. Oh, and all computers are using Win98SE.

Sue Clark