From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:10:33 -0400
Does anyone know - if I replace the primary (system) hard drive (seagate 120GB) on my PC with a larger drive (WD 320GB) with 3 partitions instead of 2, will I still be able to restore my Acronis images that were made on the prior drive (different brand - seagate to wd)?  Has anyone done this?

I don't have time to get everything - entire reinstallation - done at once and I wanted to shift back and forth between my current system setup and the  new one that I'm working on setting up, using Acronis image files (I have image FILES, not cloned partitions).  I'm wondering if I start the new install on the new drive, whether I will have trouble with my PC (windows xp) recognizing drivers or partitions for the hard drive.  I CAN elect to restore the MBR, if that helps.

Thanks,
AnnaSummers

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com