From:
Pinelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:35:29 +0200
Hi,

I don't think it works with HP printers as HP still uses a Thermal base
technique to get the ink onto the paper (Ink is heated until it squirts out
the nozzle) where as Epson uses Piezo technology (Small electrical charge is
sent thru a crystal which causes ink to shoot out of nozzle[see
http://www.epson.com 4 detail]) This is obviosuly more precise and allows
fro smaller more accurate droplets. Unfortunatly the ink needs to be charged
b4 it can be used (again see web site 4 more details) and this charging uses
up sum ink as the nnozzles are unblocked during charging.

At any rate I don't think it applies to HP printers. So I don't think you
should be concerned.

Cheers
Kevin Hains
PS: Epsons web site has much more info as well as it being a bit more
accurate as I'm doing it off memory since I last looked at all this about a
yr ago when I bought my printer.
Cape Town
South Africa
Http://www.club.co.za
Never Fight with a Dragon for thou art Crunchy and goest well with Cheese