From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 18:27:23 -0400
The 2940 has a rom bios capable of booting a scsi hard disk.  Yours is not
booting because after a low level format there is nothing on the drive.  You
should check inside your cmos setup to make sure your boot order is C:, A:,
SCSI (or CD).
Enter cmos setup by pressing del when you see the message 'press del to
enter setup' about the time the memory is checked during power up.  You
should also press control-S again to enter scsi setup, and make sure the
hard disk is not set as the boot drive.  The 2940 will allow any drive ID #
to be the boot drive, not just zero.  If you set it to an id # that doesn't
exist it will just search the whole scsi bus looking for a hard disk with a
boot sector written on it.  There should be some where in there where you
can turn it off.
Tom Turak