From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:40:35 -0800
Sounds like you have followed the correct troubleshooting  procedures, and
you are now down to the motherboard. The odds of a new Intel CPU being bad
is extremely small, unless you suspect a over clocked, or counterfeit CPU.
You could safely check this by putting the suspect CPU in a working board
rather then risking a new CPU in this board.

You can try clearing the BIOS, if that doesn't work then pull the battery,
short  the board, and let it sit empty out of the case for 24 hours.Maybe
send an email off to the manufacturer and hope they will answer you in a
timely manner.  After that it is time to RMA the board.

We all go through these periods when everything seems to go wrong with
everything you touch. You just have to grit your teeth and wait it out.

  Good luck with it !

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 09:40 AM 12/4/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>IThe only thing I haven't tried yet is a new CPU.  I'm a little leery at
>this point, though.  I'm afraid of damaging the new CPU if something about
>this board has damaged the first one.  I had the same exact problem two
>weeks ago with a PCChips 810LR and a Duron 1.3GHz.  Momentary power, then
>nothing.  This was after about an initial ten second or so boot, in which
>it got up to the point of detecting the CPU and the RAM.  After that, I
>only got the momentary power after turning the power supply off for a
>moment then back on again (I RMA'd that board and chip).

>Kyle Elmblade

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com