From:
"Paul J. Traynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:18:32 +0100
Hi Joe,

"Where are you having the problem?

at one point you will have to make a disk on the win2k machint that you
will have to run on the win98 machine and then everything should be okay
from there".

I am having the problem where I  have never done this before and am just
learning the basics.  I  went through the win2k and win98 help on the
subject of internet sharing and it was sparse in it's  configuring of what I
wanted.  It told me to  open the properties of the  internet connection
which I assumed was the  isp connection icon on win 2k this is, "the main
machine" and  go to the "sharing tab" of the connections properties.  Here I
was to click on "enable internet sharing for this computer, checkbox not
checked" so I checked this and also enable on-demand dialing" I also checked
this one.  having done this It said I had a system settings change and I
should  restart my computer which I did, then the  network itself wouldn't
work because  where once in the  "IP" address box, "192.168.1.1" I now had
"192.168.0.1".  Only when I change this back to what I had it first at did
the network on both computers work again.

I didn't know where to go from here and really what I would like is for a
simple outline of the  instructions I need to  first set up my win 2k
machine, "the main computer" and then the win 98 machine" my second computer
which will allow me to share the internet between the two machines.  As I
said everything else works fine.
.

Many thanks,

Paul.