From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:01:03 -0800
Joe already suggested an LCD monitor - IF you need to replace the old one.
However, you might want to blow out the dust from inside the old one first.
It sounds like you may have high voltage arcing. This could be due to dirt
on the back of the CRT near the high voltage lead. You would need to remove
the cover and use an air hose to blow out all the accumulated dust. If there
is someone who smokes in the area of the computer, the monitor may be a
victim of second hand smoke! Actually, I am not kidding on this one, since
smoke does damage computer equipment as it does the human lung.

Peter
The NoSpin Group