Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 16:40:21 -0500
My son has an Asus A7V133 motherboard with an AGP Pro slot, and an Nvidia
TNT2 Ultra 32 MB video card which is supposed to be an AGP card. The
problem is that the TNT2 does not fit in the mobo's AGP slot: the blank tab
at the end opposite the I/O ports is too long for the slot at the end of
the AGP mount on the mobo. (I seem to remember seeing older AGP slots that
were open at the end instead of closed. But I may be imagining memories.)

Comparing with a Matrox G200 AGP, there are three tabs with contacts on the
TNT2 in the same space where the Matrox has only two. The overall length of
the tabs with contacts is the same on both cards. The only difference is
the length of the blank tab, which I presume is for support/alignment/etc.

Question: would it be reasonable to simply cut off the "excess" amount of
blank tab on the TNT2? (For example, has the AGP "standard" changed in the
last few years or so?) Or is this actually not an AGP card at all, but some
other kind of thing entirely? One thing I can tell for sure is that it is
not a PCI (or ISA!) card.

--
    Phil Parker
URL http://www.math.twsu.edu/Faculty/Parker/