From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:47:55 -0500
In addition to there being an update to the scanner driver for XP, you are correct about WIA.  There is a little program from Kodak that had that allowed you to shut WIA off.  It is so you can use their software to download stuff from their cameras, but it does effectively kill WIA, which does get in the way of standard TWAIN interfaces.  Altho I think most makers of TWAIN compliant devices have built something like that into their XP updated drivers.

Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Since nobody seems to have responded, I will pitch in my bit. I ran into the
>same problem with my Canon scanner. TWAIN is one method of interfacing to
>imaging devices, but not the only one. XP seems to prefer to use WIA. See
>this link for some information:
>http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/stillimage/stillimg-connect.mspx
>
>Here is the driver link on the Canon site:
>http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryi
>d=351&modelid=8006#New%20Window
>
>Try upgrading the Canon drivers and see if that fixes your problem. As I
>said before, you do NOT need to have TWAIN, but some software you have
>apparently looks for that interface mode.
>
>Peter

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                     visit our download web page at: