From:
MICHAEL RUBIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 15:35:59 -0400
Hi,
I have been using a Colorado (HP) 20 gig external tape backup with 98SE
for some time. When I upgraded to ME it required a software upgrade to V9.1
HP backup software to be compatible with ME. Upon installation of the new
software after un installing the old software per HP's instructions the
tape backup unit is not recognized. I rma'd the unit to be sure, and the
new unit does the same thing. HP tech support after three hours was
useless. They left it saying that I had to rearrange my IRQ's and LPT ports
and then call back (it worked before with the current settings).
Has anyone had any experience with this tape backup unit and Windows ME?
I'm at wits end. On a lark I tried the new "ME compatible", software and
external tape unit on
another newer 850 Mhz, Abit VP6 based box with the proper IRQ and LPT 1 as
recommended and also had no luck. The first machine is an older Asus P55
200 Mhz box. No matter what I do the tape drive is not recognized. System
properties reports that there is a conflict with the driver for the EPAT
shuttle driver a SCSI type driver device used for the parallel port
external tape drive. I tried all the tricks to get rid of the flag but had
no luck on the driver.

Thank you,
Michael Rubin
http://www.netrox.net/~blackblt/