From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 11:53:13 -0800
Is the ghosting powdery with maybe a little dust on it? Or is it solidly
burned into the paper? It sounds like it might be an issue with the fuser if
it is not the cartridge itself. I used to work on HP printers, though
granted most of them were the old HP LJII workhorses, and fusers could go
one of two ways. They either quit fusing as well (or altogether) or they got
too hot and fused too much ink into the paper. Often times it would like the
end of a calculator tape roll, only black.

It could very well be the cartridge too. Have you tried taking the cartridge
out and "gently" tapping it on a table to see if you get pixie dust (cover
the table with newspaper or a disposable table cloth first; that ink is
nasty)? That would be an indication that it's the cartridge. Have you tried
checking with HP or looked on their site to see if there are troubleshooting
steps for this kind of problem?

Regards,
Kyle Elmblade