From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:37:30 -0800
I would try two things:

Set the HD and CD to "cable select" with the HD on the end connector of the
IDE cable and the CD on the other connector.
OR
Set the CD as "master" and install on the secondary IDE channel.

This should result in both drives being shown in the BIOS as well as being
able to designate the CD as the first drive for booting.

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer