From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 07:08:42 -0600
At 10:14 PM 8/26/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm trying to install a Samsung 2.1Gb IDE drive in a 486/66 computer.
>I eventually went ahead and ran scandisk and it started finding all bad (I
>don't rember if it was sectors or clusters) after about 24% of disk was
>scanned.

There is a 528MB limit on older machines.  SInce this is about 24% of your
2.1GB drive, I'd say this must be what you are seeing.  Perhaps someone can
post more information on what to do about this?  I believe this is due to a
limitation in the BIOS, which must be upgraded to correct this problem or
you must use a "disk manager" program to intercept BIOS calls and manage
the larger disk in place of the BIOS routines.