From:
Tom Mayer SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:00:57 -0700
  Adding RAM is very easy. If you have a little time, you might want to
search for the exact same stick of RAM for sale at other sources. You
might be able to save a few dollars or at least know that you are not
overpaying.

Your manual should show you how to add RAM. Normally there is a small
door/flap on the bottom held in with one or two small screws. Remove the
flap to expose the slots for the RAM. Just slip the RAM into an empty
slot and seat it in place. Normally takes just a small amount of
pressure and you will see and/or feel it snap into place. Then just put
the cover back in place. The BIOS will automatically recognize the added
RAM.

Have you verified with Toshiba or www.crucial.com that you can add a 1GB
stick? If you go to Crucial, you can on-line have them check your laptop
and find out what you now have and what you can add.

Tom

> I've been told my Toshiba Satelite laptop would benefit from added ram.  I found the ram I needed below based on my model number.  What's the easist/fastest/best moderately priced way to get it installed?
>
> http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/adet.to?poid=295916

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>