From:
"Dr. Dean Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 17:17:30 -0500
Recently I modified my 450 PIII by doing a clean install of
Windows 98 onto a WD 30Gb disk drive.  I also replaced
my modem with a USR ISA Faxmodem and my sound
card with a Soundblaster Live X-Gamer.  I kept my Viper
770 (TNT2 with TNT drivers).

Now, when I boot up, I get to the place where the mb
says "Searching for boot record from IDE-0..OK"
and then the computer takes a nap for two to ten
minutes.  Eventually Windows loads and there
are no other symptoms of anything wrong.

It sounds like the computer is having trouble reading
the windows loader, but I have performed a scandisk
twice with nothing wrong detected...

Anybody have any ideas?

This is my wife's computer (the old one worked great),
so, naturally, I get, "If you are such a great computer
genius, why can't you fix this??"  :(   (She doesn't use
those Exact words, but you get the picture!)

TIA

Dean Kukral   [log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html