From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 05:54:44 -0400
Those bad sectors may be repairable-Open My Computer, right-click the
drive in question, select Properties, Tools, Error Checking, Check Now,
and select the boxes to fix errors and Recover bad sectors.
This drive may or may not be on the way out. This article may help:
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1583&page=3
Be sure to read the part on SMART diagnostics.

Frederick Navarro wrote:
> Hello, good day.
>
> I have a question which I am not sure of  the outcome.  I just like to ask
> if anyone had done this.  I have a P4 machine, 40GB HD, 256MB ram running on
> WinXP Pro.  Originally, this computer was in my cousin's house wayback
> around 3-4 years ago.  I brought the PC with me and lately, I'm experiencing
> some slight problems.  The PC runs like its "crawling", just when microsoft
> word is the only application running.  I even spotted at one time during its
> check disk diagnostics that it has 32KB in BAD SECTORS.  So I'm thinking of
> replacing the hard disk.  My question would then be, if I will use
> Microsoft's mirroring funtionality with a new hard drive, will it also
> "mirror" the 32 KB of bad sectors of my old hard disk?  Hoping for some
> insights, thank you!!!

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com