From:
Tony Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 08:59:27 -0700
Can anyone tell me the best way to install Windows 95 onto a PC on
aNetwork.

I will try to explain the situation as best as possible. The Win95
PCbadly needed a format and reinstall but so the install was carried
out via diskettes.

I know that there are number benefits of installing with CD comparedto
Floppy.

What other options are available to me. It is a very old AST
486machine on an NT network

I would like to know your opinions on how to carry out the install.
Could I install from the server/command line.

Should I install Dos first then 95.
The system does not have an option to boot from cd in the bios.

Will it be possible to format and reinstall again via the server.

The Specification
AST Brava
 4861gb Hard Drive
40mg RAM
5x cdrom

I also have a problem with the machine not logging onto the network,it
gives the message below.

"While trying to access the Network the error message No domain server
was available to validate your password you may notbe able to gain
access to some network resources."

It gives an error in the communications port via device manager, there
are two of the same network card, when I delete one it finds
thehardware and reinstalls it to the communication port again.

I know I am pushing it asking all these questions but please help.

Thank you

Tony