From:
Dennis Saputelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:28:25 -0700
Hi
This is my first message.

I recently installed a new hard drive and cloned the old one using
Ghost.
It did not go smoothly at all, but that is another story if anyone wants
it.

my OS is WIN2K SP2

The clone job is now done and the new drive seems to be running fine and
is in fact a clone of the orignal.

Ghost warns strongly (and so did pay support) against booting with both
old and new bootable drives connected.

They claim this can damage one or both drives due to a race condition.

So the question is ...

How do i make the old drive NOT bootable without destroying the contents
and/or reformatting it?

I want to use it as a second drive and it would be great if i could also
restore bootablility.

It seems to me that there is way i used to do this back in DOS days.

Does this relate to making the drive active/inactive ?

thanks for any info

Den

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com