From:
Don Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:35:07 -0800
At 09:45 AM 6/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>I'm looking for a Non-microsoft operating system, for a lower end,
>pentium desktop.  I'm very interested in  getting away from microsoft
>os, does anyone have experience or recomendations for Non-microsoft
>operating systems, either as a single install, or as a dual-boot system,
>using system commander?
>Are there other recomdations besides system commander?
>This will be for small business, webpage building, and internet use.
>
>Thank you,
>Bob Hamil

Linux is an excellent OS.  It is much more stable than any of the MS
Windows varieties and is available (virtually) for free.  It is a PC Unix
style OS developed over the Internet by 1000's of developers.  You can
download it for free or buy a CD (recommended).  I'd recommend the Redhat
distribution as it is the easiest for beginners I've found.  To learn more
you can check out http://www.linux.org.  Also, you can get a *cheap* CD
($1.99) of it from http://www.cheapbytes.com (no affiliation).  I will note
that it is NOT as user friendly as MS but if you're willing to learn you
will be impressed.  If you have any questions, feel free to email me
privately.

Don Gray
NetCaliber Computer Services
(541)923-3255  [voice/fax]