From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:43:50 -0500
From: Carl Barnhart <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2000 10:12 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] cd-rom won't read

> ok let me be more specific. i shoulda been earlier. What i mean by
"won't
> read" is exactly that. I stick a store bought audio cd into either of
my
> cd-rom drives and it doesnt read it. It's as if the cd isnt in there.
i look
> in "my computer", double click the drive letter, and it appears blank.
> nothing shows up, and it says theres 0 megs on the cd.

> When i use any other type of cd (burned audio cd's, games, etc) it
works fine.

Sorry, but I'm still not clear on what happens that is different between
store-bought CDs and burned ones.  We need to know what you see that is
different.

Since this works with burned audio CDs, what happens when you
double-click on the drive in My Computer?  Does the CD start to play?
This is what it does on mine.  Or do you see a list of files of the form
"track01.cda"?  This is what you should see in Windows Explorer if you
look at the drive.  (These are not really files though and cannot be
copied from the CD using Windows Explorer.)  When you put in a
pre-recorded CD and look in My Computer, does the icon for that drive
say that it is an audio CD?

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html