From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:08:38 -0700
Art Follis wrote;
>My old Boston digital speakers wouldn't run on this tower so I got two =
>cheap speakers from radio shack.

Did they just not work where you couldn't hear any sound, or did you
experience the "echo" effect?

> However All sound is distorted.. It is like everything is in an echo =
>chamber.

This could be caused by the sound card audio settings. I experienced this
once and the reverberation was really bad.

Not knowing exactly what program you're running I would suggest opening the
sound controller for you sound card or motherboard if you have built in
sound and check the settings. On my Creative Labs Audigy sound card I can
manipulate the environment which means I can set the sound to approximate a
large cave or auditorium where reverberation would be expected.

You may try looking in the "multimedia" section or the "Sounds and Audio
Devices" in "Control Panel" to see if there is a setting you can change. Not
knowing your setup, the best guess is generic. There is a possibility that
the sound software for your system may hold the answer too. You will have to
open it and poke around.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0528-5, 07/15/2005
Tested on: 7/15/2005 4:05:00 PM