From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:00:22 -0300
When you tried each  CPU, did you put a fresh layer of thermal paste?  I had
a board the other day that I just plain forgot to check and it did the same
thing to me, brought it back to the store where I got it and was very
embarrassed to see it running fine after another tech stuck a CPU on it
correctly.  Most newer motherboards will cut out if fast if it gets too hot,
which is a good thing!

Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:  Date:    Sun, 4 Jan 2004 21:43:38 -0000
From:    m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: P6BAT-Me Mainboard

Can anyone help me with this problem which has got me completely =
stumped?
My father recently gave me a P6BAT-Me m/b, which he had intended to use =
in a system he was going to make but didn't have the time.
So far, I have tried 3 separate slot 1 cpu's, the latest being 500mhz =
P3, and I know the cpu is fine. Ram is fine also.
All I get is a constant beeping, and after looking on the net for beep =
codes (this beep  isn't mentioned in the list), I found a suggestion =
that the cpu may be bad causing that particular beep.
I know the cpu is fine,  however.
The system begins to fire up, then the cpu fan cuts out, and nothing =
happens except this neverending beep.
I'm beginning to wonder if the m/b is bad now. My father had already =
tried the optional celeron cpu to start with, getting the same results =
as I did. (that celeron cpu was also fine, as I installed it in another =
system)
This was a new m/b, although it has been sitting around in the packaging =
for quite some time now, which is why he gave it to me to make use of.
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of this board, and whether =
the board is actually a bad one, or if there is anything I should know =
about it? I have the manual, which is not much help at all really.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
TIA.
Michele Sayer

                     visit our download web page at: