From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 05:26:15 -0700
--- Karl Gottshalk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have the same burner, and after turning out many
> "coasters", I think I
> have it down pat now. First of all, I bought Nero,
> as recommended by Jim
> Meager. Works very well, seems much more reliable
> than the Adaptec software
> that comes with the drive. Second, anything that
> interrupts the burn will
> abort the process. Turn off the screen saver, Make
> sure the hard drive is
> not set to power down after a time, and turn off all
> background processes
> except explorer and systray, by pressing
> CTRL-ALT-DEL and shutting them down
> one by one. I haven't had a bad burn in over 50
> disks.

     Well I seem to be having more luck. I am still
using the Adaptec Easy CD and I must say it is pretty
bad. It seems as long as you use disc at once for
audio everything works out fine. I thought the problem
was hardware related but after reading some of the
mailing list archives from adaptec it seems it is a
fault of the software. I did sucessfully burn an audio
CD which plays perfectly in almost every CD Player,
however it has yet to work in any computer I have
tried it in. For now I am going to try CDRWin which
was recommended and has a free 1x reading and writing
mode. If that turns out fine I might have to dump the
adaptec junk and buy some other software. In either
case, Direct CD seems to work perfectly so at least
that is going well. Thanks, TTYL