From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:02:22 -0400
>In a message dated 6/16/98 11:00:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
snip
> running Win 3.1). A newly installed USR Sportster 28.8 internal modem
is
> causing the machine to freeze up after logging onto the net.
> Shawn M. Shea
>
>>Hi,
>>COM driver in Win 3.1 was only good for up to 9600 baud modems
snip
>>Hope this helps,
>>Peter Hogan
>
>>>While Peter makes a good point about standard drivers, I think this
>>>refers to 3.0 since
>>>I never had speed troubles with Win 3.11 (windows for workgroups) or
>>>it's sibling, 3.1
snip
snip
>>>tom turak

Tom's right,  WFWG IS better... Win 3.1 was never written for any good
modem support. WinFax used to let people use their comm driver
for better support in Win3.1  Maybe Tom was lucky or had a better modem
:-)
My memory is failing on the rest,  but there were all kinds of settings
you could add or change in the system files. They were stuff anyone
could add (similar to the Win95 MTU stuff).
Anybody remember that stuff? (Or should I pull out the old tapes
and go hunting?)
(Hope I "snipped" everybody correctly)
      Rick Glazier

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]