Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 23:48:59 -0600
Hi all!

I recently bought a 10.1 WD hard drive.  I currently have a 5.1 WD which
I'm using as my master.  I plan on using the 10.1 as my master and install
win98 on it.    However, to have the 10.1 WD hard drive recognized by bios,
I need to upgrade the bios.

The bios I have now is Award Bios.   I contacted Unicore and they sent the
new bios which to me looks like something called Mr Bios.  In reading the
info before I pull the old chip and install the new one, it tells me that
there is a possibility I will lose data in the process.    I plan to use
the 5.1 as a slave once I install the new bios, prepare the 10.1 drive and
install win98 on it.   Does the info about losing data apply to the 5.1 WD
drive... which has been recognized by my current bios?   I have all the zip
files on this drive and don't want to lose them.

Does anyone have any information which might be helpful for me in changing
the bios and installing the 10.1 as master and the 5.1 as slave?  Any help
is appreciated.

At the present my set up is this:

Win95
AMDK-5 166