From:
Matt Puchta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:48:24 -0500
Not sure what PUIS and PHY are but I had the same problem with a WD SATA
drive not showing up.  The first time the drive was DOA and I had to return
it but the replacement didn't show up either.  The first time nothing worked
so that is when I RMA'd the drive but on the replacement, disk management
showed that the drive was not initialized.  I initialized it and then
formatted and now the system recognizes the drive and it works properly.
This is a 750GB caviar green drive and so far it is the only SATA drive, WD
or other make, that I have ever had this issue with.

Matt