From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:59:45 -0800
  Try booting the computer with a 98 boot disk ... you can make them by
formatting the disk in "My Computer" selecting "copy system files" as an
option and I'd also recommend copying format.com and fdisk.exe to that
floppy as a minimum.

Once booted with the floppy, you should be able to access fdisk and there I
would delete any existing partitions and then make a fresh partition(s).
HINT:  the easiest way is to say Yes to the large disk support wherein Win98
will use one drive letter (typically) and will set the partition "active"
automatically for you.

Hope this helps,
gary r. tennesen