From:
Joel Bluming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 01:06:01 -0400
I have a DX4 100Mhz machine with 4 pieces of 30 pin 16 meg simms (total
64)megs. I have been using them for several years. sometimes the machine
is a bit flakey and I always suspected the simms but could not isolate
the problem. But there are no major problems. I use the machine for
manipulating large graphic files and page layout files
Joel Bluming

 you wrote:
>>>  I have seen 16MB 30-pin SIMMs
>>> advertised sometimes but there are no 8MB 30-pin SIMMs.  This is
>because of
>>> the requirement for installing memory in sets of four SIMMs.
>>>
>>  The standard for 30-pin SIMMs asigns A0-A10, that is 11 bits, which
>can
>turn
>>into 22 bits because of address multiplexing. So the limit for a
>30-pin SIMM
>>was 4MBytes (of course, always speaking of standard components).
>>
>I always wondered about the 16MB 30-pin SIMMs ... I've seen them
>advertised, but never actually heard of anyone using them.  I often
>wondered if the ads were a mistake or if they really did exist and if
>they
>existed what kind of chips they used.  Anyone know anything about them
>just for the sake of trivial knowledge?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]