From:
Frank Sestir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 07:43:44 -0500
This was on the Dell forum on getting rid of spyaxe......

Rename svchosts.dll (this is not to be confused with legitimate
svchost.exe) to something (e.g. killme.dll).  Note the datestamp on the
file ... it will be the day of infection.

Reboot your system

Delete killme.dll  (you can't delete svchosts.dll directly, as it is "in
use")

Go to control panel / Internet Options / Programs / Manage Add - ons

Disable BHOHomepage

This should pretty much take care of it.  Start running the usual
anti-virus/spyware tools to get rid of the vestages.  Good luck.

Dennis Thiel wrote:

>This was on a CD that he  bought? What is the name of it so we all can be
>aware?
>
>Dennis Thiel

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml