From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 04:03:44 -0400
> I have a compaq 5240 with 128mgs of memory. I had a Lite on Ltr drive
installed to burn cds using Easy CD Creator 4.2
> It worked sometimes. When it did not work, it would kick out the cd while
it was writing and give me an error. ( Sorry I forgot the error)
> I then upgraded to Easy CD Creator 5.0, thinking it might solve my
problem. Now it never works. It kicks out the cd during the burning phase
and tells me 'Unexpected Error.'
> The Roxio help files in Easy CD Creator just says to retry the operation.
> I have asked Compaq if the Lite on Ltr drive is somehow incompatible, they
say no. Roxio says that the drive is fine with their software.
> I was advised to go into Safemode and through Device Manager and delete
out all cd drives. Didn't help.
> (I burn from music files that I download to my HD first).

My guess would be that you are running into buffer underrun errors. You may
be trying to burn at a faster speed than your computer can handle, which is
usually the cause of these types of errors. What happens is the data is not
getting to the cd burner fast enough because the burner is recording faster
than the system can get the data to it, so it runs out of data to burn. You
didn't mention what CPU, motherboard, amount of Ram, or the age of the
computer, but if it is an older computer this may be the type of error that
you are getting. When you burn, try setting the recording speed to 2x or 1x.
I may take longer to do the burn but at least you won't continue to ruin
blank cds and collect coffee cup coasters.

Hal T

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com