From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 21:18:24 -0600
Roberto;
I found a memory guide here:
http://www.delec.com/guide/memory/
Quote:
"Memory chips tend to have 2 or 3 lines of text on them that include a part
number
, speed, and date code. Most part numbers start with a two or three
character abbreviation that identifies the manufacturer, such as:"
HM  (Hitachi),
M5M (Mitsubishi),
TMS (Texas Instruments)
MT  (Micron Technology).
There are allot of third party 'generic' type modules that use name brand
memory chips on their own circuit board, so it is a little confusing.If
there is
a part# on the module, try a websearch with that #.

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
          Fruitvale, Idaho